Banana bread. My go-to autumn, heart warming recipe. Everyone loves it. It's moist & reasonably healthy but also filling, warm & makes you want to snuggle down under a quilt with a hot coco and watch a great movie.
Want that cosy feeling inside? Bake this.
Serves: 8-10 Prep Time: 10mins Cooking time: 1 hour
2 cups plain flour
150g white sugar
110g brown sugar
3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup almond milk
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
4 very ripe mashed bananas
1/4 canola/ vegetable oil
1 tbsp maple syrup (can use 2 if want it sweeter)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1) Whisk milk & vinegar and leave aside for a few mins.
2) Mix dry ingredients together.
3) Mash the banana and add to the milk and vinegar.
4) Add the milk/vinegar/banana mixture to the dry ingredients (do not over mix, just enough for all ingredients to be combined!)
Pour into baking dish and cook for about an hour at 350F. Check regularly and use a skewer through the middle to see if it baked all the way through- when the skewer comes out clean, it is done.
1) For a chocolatey bread, add chocolate chips.
2) My personal fave: a fruity mixture, add dates and raisins. (about 250g chopped dates, soaked in boiling water until soft, then drained)
As I said, this recipe is perfect for fall, especially after a nice long walk in the fresh autumn air! The whole family will enjoy and it goes perfectly with a nice warm cup of tea....enjoy!