Lentil Croquettes with Parsley Sauce
Serves: 4 Prep Time: 1hr Cooking time: 5-7 mins
225g red lentils
110g vegan cheese of choice
2 tbsp of peanut butter (optional to leave out for nut allergy sufferers, it will taste just as good!)
50g fresh parsley
A few drops of lemon juice
1 tsp yeast extract
(For coasting): 75g fresh wholewheat breadcrumbs
(For Sauce): 200ml Rice milk or dairy free milk of your choice
1 tsp corn flour
1 tbsp fresh parsley
1) Wash the lentils, then bring them to boil in water before adding a tsp of oil. (Leave simmering covered for 20 mins)
2) Turn down the heat and beat thoroughly until smooth
3) Mix in all other ingredients.
4) Shape them into burger like formations then coat with breadcrumbs.
5) Cool in the fridge for 30 mins before cooking for 5-7 mins.
6) In the meantime, make the sauce by heating the rice milk, adding corn flour and fresh parsley until warm, smooth and mixed together. Take off heat and serve!
Can be served with new potatoes, sweet potatoes & lots of veggies for a great wholesome meal. Enjoy!
PS: I kept my promise...'Becoming a teenage vegan' blog coming in the next few days & a jolly good cookie recipe, stay tuned...until then, enjoy the Olympics! Go Team GB!